Career Opportunities at JetFreight
We are seeking to recruit a Financial Controller to join our finance team. S/he will report into the Chief Executive Officer and Finance Director and will manage the Finance function.
Responsibilities will include:
- Being accountable for the production of management accounts on a monthly basis
- Responsible for cash flow management
- Preparation of the annual budget and forecasting
- Responsible for the day-to-day running of the Finance Department
Qualifications & Experience:
- Preferably be fully qualified through ACCA or similar. Candidates who have nearly completed their qualifications will also be considered
- Preferably have 3 years experience in a similar management role locally
- Have an understanding of data privacy standards
- Having worked in a freight-forwarding environment will be considered an asset
- Have good analytical capabilities
- Be well experienced with Shireburn Financial and Shipping software
- Have an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Be assertive yet approachable
- Fluency in English & Maltese is a requirement
Sales & Marketing Executive:
The selected candidate will be responsible for achieving set sales targets and objectives for our road and sea freight services. This, by identifying new opportunities, maintaining the current customer base, and monitoring the market.
The job entails operating within a highly competitive market. The selected candidate will have to perform daily sales visits to prospective and current customers, handle sales and any other customer requests and issue the relevant quotations. These sales efforts will be backed by a professional in-house operations team and a modern, up-to-date IT infrastructure.
Applicants are expected to have the following attributes:
- Excellent relationship management and problem-solving skills.
- Motivation and drive along with a decent level of business acumen.
- Good negotiation skills and the ability to keep a good and ongoing follow-up with customers.
- Be proactive and able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a team.
- A high level of integrity.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in the freight forwarding and shipping industries.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for the loading and unloading of shipments, prompt delivery of the shipments all over the Maltese islands, coordination with our Logistics Manager to ensure a seamless delivery operation, ensure that shipments are delivered in good condition and without damage and be responsible for the relevant documentation.
The post carries the following requirements:
- A clean police conduct
- In possession of a C1 and clean driving licence
- Proficiency in written and spoken Maltese and English
- The availability of Forklift and/or ADR certification will be considered an asset
All applications will be acknowledged and will be treated with strictest confidence.
Letters of application and a CV are to be emailed to email@example.com. Applications should reach us by no later than the 28th September 2018.